OP’s Community Programs
- OP is developing the next evolution of our community programs. We are continuing to explore creative ways to connect with our community – both existing and new.
- We are interested in ‘dangerous ideas,’ the unexpected and an open exchange.
- OP seeks to deepen its work in civic practice and build long lasting relationships particularly within the San Francisco Bay Area’s vital LGBTQ & BIPOC communities.
- We are pushing back against the siloed approach of specific artistic disciplines and seeking out unconventional connections across industries.
- We honor authentic experiences that relate to the narratives we share. We enable our audiences to find the humanity and the reality in the narrative and let them take ownership of this.
- We seek to uplift and inspire, to activate and initiate, and to challenge expectations of what an opera company can be/do.
- Our goal is to be a ‘Bullhorn’ for our community, gain a deeper understanding of their priorities and utilize our assets to amplify and address them.