SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
JOB POSTING, June, 2017
Title: Assistant to the Artistic Director
Classification: Part-time (15-hours per week), year-round, non-exempt
Reports to: Artistic Director
A member of a six-person artistic staff team, the Assistant to the Artistic Director provides the Artistic Director (AD) with personal and administrative support.
About the Organization:
Based in San Francisco, Opera Parallèle (OP) is a non-profit organization that develops and performs contemporary opera throughout the Bay Area. Opera Parallèle’s mission is to present compelling performances of contemporary operas with high musical and dramatic standards, embracing modern aesthetics, creative use of technology, and social relevance as essential to the future of the art form. Opera Parallèle’s interactive educational programs are dedicated to engaging increasingly diverse communities. Having recently completed its 7th performance season, OP is on a rapid growth trajectory with increased national visibility and a current organizational budget of just over $1M. OP is led administratively by a full-time Executive Director and supported by a Development Director, Education Programs Director/Office Manager, and a Development and Marketing Coordinator. OP is governed by a 20-member Board of Directors.
- Manage agenda, schedule meetings/auditions/appointments and travel schedules using Google Calendar and Dropbox as needed.• Book travel and housing accommodations for AD.
- Respond to email inquiries, and requests, and handle them as appropriate.
- Help manage incoming email and mail; produce correspondence on behalf of AD when appropriate.
- Organize meetings and provide appropriate materials to ensure AD is well prepared
- Provide IT support to AD
- Interface with companies associated with AD’s guest conducting residencies.
- Participate in Artistic Staff meetings as necessary.
- Devise and maintain filing system for new scores, correspondence, and other materials.
- Spend an average of five hours/week in the OP office to provide general administrative support as needed
- Other responsibilities as needed
Research, Documents and Presentations
- Occasionally travel with AD to take notes at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
- Carry out general research and present findings as needed.
- Produce documents as needed.
- Collect and maintain current photo library and biographies of AD for electronic and print uses.
- Help develop presentations for AD in Keynote or PowerPoint.
- Website, eNewsletters and Social Media
- Maintain AD’s website and update bi-monthly.
- Occasionally send out email newsletters/notices with visuals
- Regularly post on AD’s Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites as needed and interface with OP staff regarding AD updates.
- Completed Bachelor Degree and knowledge of music
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with OP staff, artistic team, and performers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Artistically and philosophically aligned with the mission and goals of OP
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Knowledge of website templates
- Experience and knowledge within the operatic community a plus
$15 – $20/hour depending on experience, flexible schedule, opportunity to work remotely and independently.
Please email cover letter and resume in .pdf format to: email@example.com
Or mail to: Executive Director, Opera Parallèle, 44 Page Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94102
Deadline: July 30, 2017
No phone calls, please. For more info on Opera Parallèle: www.operaparallele.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Opera Parallèle to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status or any characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.