Opera Parallèle’s Mission:
Opera Parallèle merges tradition with innovation to re-invent the power of opera in our modern world.
Our Vision Statement:
Creating Opera for our Time.
- Perform challenging works composed since the 20th and 21st century that are relevant to our time.
- Perform our annual program and events in appropriate venues where audiences have an intimate experience of the singers, staging, and orchestra.
- Develop the core artistic team required to achieve high performance standards.
- Commission new orchestrations for chamber versions of important operas that retain the artistic integrity of the original works, but make them more accessible and vital.
Culture and Community
- Be a driving force establishing a new culture engaging audiences with contemporary opera.
- Build an audience that draws on the diverse cultures of our area, recognizes the special qualities of our performances, regularly attends our productions, and participates in our development process.
- Provide year round opportunities to experience new works in development, including:
- Presenting ideas, trends, and practices that are changing operatic performance.
- Showcasing composers, performers, and directors who are contemporary opera trailblazers.
- Offering contemporary workshops, readings, and performances.
- Build a professional staff and volunteer organization with the expertise and funding to support our goals.
- Support the staff and operations necessary to meet our goals and maintain a high standard of performance.
- Develop a board of directors capable of raising the funds and with the advisory board, provide the volunteer expertise to guide and supplement staff efforts.
- Develop partnerships with parallel organizations to collaborate on projects; share in expenses and promotion; and to reach new audiences.
- Maintain financial and legal standards at the highest level of public accountability.